Tuesday 16 July 2013

MAC Tropical Taboo Colour - Time to Tango & Orpheus


One of my favorite things to hear coming out of my husbands mouth on his return from a business trip is "I'm in duty free, what do you want?" this sends quivers of joy through my bones, duty free and I can pick what ever I want (well almost). However most of the time this is followed by "Quick i'm boarding in 20 minutes" which means I have to act fast. 

Even though my husband is a seasoned traveler, I am never prepared for this moment. a quick flush of "Quick what do I want /need" is quickly followed by an impulse plump. 

On this occasion I knew exactly what I wanted, whilst on my last visit to MAC I swatched a few items from The Tropical Taboo range and was quickly besotted with the beautiful swatches on the back of my hand. 

A text quickly went over to the other half detailing exactly what I wanted `Mineralise eyeshadow in Time to Tango & an eye pencil in Orpheus please x'


I have to say, it was quite a difficult task to pick a shade out of the eyeshadows, all are a beautiful blend of pinks,purples, blues & greens. In the end it was down to Dare to Bare and Time to Tango, but out of the two the purple and gold blend of Time to Tango really appealed. This can be worn as a sheer shimmer or a more intense smoky colour, both work well as this shadow is really buildable.


I have never tried an eye pencil from MAC before so it was about time i had a dabble. I thought the brown/gold shade of Orpheus would work well with Time to Tango and also with a few other pallets that I have. This pencil is very soft and easy to blend, it is actually darker on the skin than I though it would be and would look good for a smokey eye look. I have used this to line the eye with Time to Tango on the lid and they make a great duo.


Overall I am loving the colours in this range, if you a fan of a bit of shimmer then I would suggest you take a look at the mineralise shadows in this range (and the blush looks great too)
Other items that I am loving are the lipsticks in Lady at Play & Midnight Mambo, however both were sold out! ah well there's always next time...




10 comments:

  1. WOW those look super pretty, sort of space-themed ish!

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This collection is so pretty! I love that eyeliner!
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This eye shadow is stunning I live the colours xxxx

    http://kosmetickaleidoscope.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are absolutely gorgeous! I sort of passed by this collection but now I wished I'd take a closer look and picked something up! Just began following you :-)

    -Maddy @ www.BeautyBanterBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG.... they are so gorgeous!! Just in time for my MAC shopping.
    Would love to see how your create the look with these two, can't wait !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful is that eyeshadow! I love the colour of the eyeliner, so much lighter for summer and softer than a harsh black, gorgeous! X

    www.takingkate.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. can't wait to get my hands on some of these goodies

    http://raybeautygeek.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, I think I'm in love with 'Time to Tango' - such a beautiful shade!
    Rachael x
    Rachaeleeno | Beauty, Fashion & Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that eye shadow!!! After seeing your post, it makes me want to go and get it :))

    -XOXO Dominique

    dailydominique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow both of these are gorgeous! I didn't really find anything I loved in this collection, but I might have to see if they have that eyeshadow instore! xx

    Gemma | ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...