Wednesday 21 August 2013

Baby Lips - Peach Kiss - Worth the hype?


Baby Lips has hit the UK!!! OMG how utterly exciting a new LIP BALM. Just in case you did not twig, that sentence was written with a touch of sarcasm. To be honest I was not in the market for a new lip balm, my cherry Carmex is doing just fine thanks, but the hype got to me and I just had to understand what all the commotion was about. With three golden nuggets in my purse (I still can't let go of calling a pound a golden nugget from childhood) it was either baby lips or a Costa and luckily for Mrs (or Ms) Maybelline, she won - Baby lips it was. 

I chose Peach Kiss, because, well, I like peach? and erm kissing? I'm not sure why but this one appealed the most so that's what I got! The fact that the packaging was purple had nothing to do with it....


So, what to say, its a lip balm. It moisturises the lips for a few hours then you have to apply again. Its supposed to give 8 hours moisturisation, really? maybe on a baby's lips, that's probably where they got that from. For me its a few hours max. As for the colour, its subtle and barely there, which I actually like, if I want a bit of colour I would go for a different product like a lip pencil/butter.


For £2.99 its OK, but when you compare it to other drugstore lip balms it is one of the most expensive. For me its comparable to a Chapstick/Nivea lip balm and in my opinion Carmex is much better at moisturising the lips than other drugstore lip balms.

This is not a re-buy item, sorry I just don't get the hype. Damn, I should have had that Mocha 


3 comments:

  1. This is such a good review, I love your funny spin on what is essentially a negative post :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I obsessed over these for a bit when they first came out- ended up throwing out a few of them recently because I was NEVER using them! Bummerrr

    Maddy @ www.BeautyBanterBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll most likely be again to learn rather more, thanks for that info.Alpha ZXT If you are open to having a guest blog poster please reply and let me know. I will provide you with unique content for your blog, thanks.I want to thnx for the efforts you have put in composing this blog.http://www.webheathcare.com/alpha-

    zxt/


    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...